Basic Knowledge on HTML

All discussions regarding computers and internet.

priyaranjannayak2011
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Basic Knowledge on HTML

Post by priyaranjannayak2011 »

Introducing HTML:
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and it is the most widely used language to write Web Pages. As its name suggests, HTML is a markup language.
• Hypertext refers to the way in which Web pages (HTML documents) are linked together. When you click a link in a Web page, you are using hypertext.
• Markup Language describes how HTML works. With a markup language, you simply "mark up" a text document with tags that tell a Web browser how to structure it to display.
Creating HTML Document:
Creating an HTML document is easy.
• Open Notepad or another text editor.
• At the top of the page type <html>.
• On the next line, indent five spaces and now add the opening header tag: <head>.
• On the next line, indent ten spaces and type <title> </title>.
• Go to the next line, indent five spaces from the margin and insert the closing header tag: </head>.
• Five spaces in from the margin on the next line, type<body>.
• Now drop down another line and type the closing tag right below its mate: </body>.
• Finally, go to the next line and type </html>.
• In the File menu, choose Save As.
• In the Save as Type option box, choose All Files.
• Name the file template.htm.
• Click Save.
HTML Document Structure:
An HTML document starts and ends with <html> and >/html> tags. These tags tell the browser that the entire document is composed in HTML. Inside these two tags, the document is split into two sections:
• The <head>...</head> elements, which contain information about the document such as title of the document, author of the document etc. Information inside this tag does not display outside.
• The <body>...</body> elements, which contain the real content of the document that you see on your screen.
HTML Tags and Elements:
HTML language is a markup language and we use many tags to markup text. In the above example you have seen <html>, <body> etc. are called HTML tags or HTML elements.
Every tag consists of a tag name, sometimes followed by an optional list of tag attributes , all placed between opening and closing brackets (< and >). The simplest tag is nothing more than a name appropriately enclosed in brackets, such as <head> and <i>. More complicated tags contain one or more attributes , which specify or modify the behavior of the tag.
According to the HTML standard, tag and attribute names are not case-sensitive. There's no difference in effect between <head>, <Head>, <HEAD>, or even <HeaD>; they are all equivalent. But with XHTML, case is important: all current standard tag and attribute names are in lowercase.
• <html> - The main container for HTML pages
• <head> - The container for page header information
• <title> - The title of the page
• <body> - The main body of the page
Example:
Following is the example of head tag.
<head>
<title>HTML Basic tags</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content="HTML, Web Pages" />
<meta name="description" content="HTML Basic Tags" />
<base href="http://www.tutorialspoint.com" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="tp.css" />
<script type="text/javascript">
_uacct = "UA-232293";
urchinTracker();
</script>
</head>

Basic Knowledge on HTML

Sponsor

Sponsor

ggiindia
Toddler
Toddler

Re: Basic Knowledge on HTML

Post by ggiindia »

Thanks for sharing the Basic Knowledge of HTML Language.... I really need the basic knowledge about HTML.
You explain it in easy language and i understand it...

So, Thanks for sharing this...
Gulzar Group of Institute - Top Engineering College Under PTU ............ggi.ac.in

amankmr17
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: Basic Knowledge on HTML

Post by amankmr17 »

hey please also provide some information on Core java too, i am trying to learn it but seems like its out of my reach. i am quite familiar with c and c++ that will help or not??
thank you in advance