Ingredients: (Dont worry, Missing one or two of these wont affect much!)
- 200 grams Moong dal (Mooga Dali)
- 1 tsp Ghee or Oil
- 1 peeled Potato and cut into large pieces
- 150 gm yellow Pumkin cut into large pieces
- 1 large Brinjal cut into medium size pieces
- 1 green Banana cut into medium size pieces
- 1 small Papaya cut into medium size pieces
- 2 tsp of grated Coconut
- 4 dried Red Chillies
- 1 tbs of Ginger minced
- 1 tbs Turmeric
- 1 tsp of Pancha-phutana (Cumin, Mustard, Fennel, Fenu greek, Kala Jeera) seed
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp fried Cumin and Red Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast 1 tsp of cumin and red chilli in a pan and grind it properly and leave it aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water and add dal, coconut, salt, minced ginger, turmeric and sugar and leave it until Dal is half cooked.
- Add all vegetables viz. potato, banana, pumkin, brinjal and papaya and cook until vegetables become soft and tender.
- Fry the panch-phutana until it crackle and then add it to the cooked dal.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin and chilli powder.
Serve with hot steam Rice. (Serves for six)
All modifications/additions are most welcome! Hey, will be really happy if someone replies!