Idly Rice/Par Boiled rice- 4 cups
Urad Dal- 2 cups
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
1. Soak Rice+Fenugreek seeds and Urad dal separately for at least 8hrs or overnight.
2. In the grinder, grind dal first then rice with little water. The more you grind the better result you will get.
3. Once you grind both mix them together well along with salt. The batter should not be too thick or too watery
4. Keep it aside by sprinkling some water over the top of the batter. Close it with a lid, don't close it tightly.
5. Allow it to ferment for 8 hrs.
6. If its winter then keep the batter in microwave for 8hrs. Remember before keeping batter microwave should be preheat.
7. After fermentation when you open it the batter will raised.
8. Mix it slightly with a spoon.
9. Take a scoop of it and put it in the idly maker. Spongy idlys are ready to serve with chutney/sambar.
10. If want you can mix grated carrot and chopped coriander leaves with batter
Visitors you can view the photo of spongy Idly in my blog
Submit recipe ideas. Traditional Odia food and drinks as well as others.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1